From Victoria Park Community Association on https://www.victoriaparkcommunityassociation.org.uk/
When Peabody bought our homes from the Crown Estate in 2010 they promised to safeguard and protect them for keyworkers. But now auction boards are springing up like mushrooms across our estates. On 25 October Peabody will flog much needed keyworker flats at 38 Gore Road, and 294 Old Ford Road to the highest bidder.17 Robinson Road is also to be sold.
We have to act to stop this. We have written to Brendan Sarsfield (Peabody CEO) and politicians, but we need your help! Please can you:
- Write or email Peabody CEO Brendan Sarsfield and your local MP (firstname.lastname@example.org) asking them to halt the sales.
- Show your opposition to the sale by turning up outside 294 Old Ford Road and 38 Gore Road at the viewing times (Saturday 13th Old Ford 2.30-3.15pm, Gore Rd 3.15-4pm, then same times each Tuesday and Saturday till 25th) to protest.
- Put the attached poster in your window, especially if you live near one of the flats to be sold.
- use any social media and contacts you have to publicise and get support.
- Come to the general meeting: 7pm, 18 October, 5 Gore Road
You can contact Nik Wood (email@example.com) or Madeleine Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information about how to help.
For more information: